If you are a non-UK resident and would like to register a company in the UK, we can help! UK limited companies are distinct entities of which the liability of its members or subscribers is limited, by shares or by guarantee. Limited company shareholders or directors are not responsible for any debts run up by the business and their personal assets cannot be touched. For sole traders, they are personally liable for business debts, so being a limited company offers an amount of protection for business owners.
Our non-UK resident formation services have 5* reviews on Google and we aim to provide all our non-UK resident clients with the exceptional service they deserve. We are experts in UK company formation and promise to make the setup of your UK company as simple as possible. No matter which country you are resident in or how complicated your desired structure, we will ensure your company is setup correctly and delivered to you ready to trade.
We have been using CG Incorporations since May 2013 for our company formation, compliance and audit for 2 of our companies. The team had been very resourceful, diligent and always gave their best to ensure that our business went smoothly. In particular Tripty is a responsible, knowledgeable and proactive consultant that is able to advise and assist in all corporate matters. Very well recommended!
Misumi Kaizen Limited
You can tailor the non-UK resident company formation packages below almost anyway you want. If you would like to speak to us about customising your company formation package please contact us now.
Limited Company Formation
Package 1 Includes:
- UK Private Limited Company
- Fast Formation (2-hours)
- 100% Managed Formation (We do everything for you)
- All Fees (There are no hidden charges)
- London Registered Office Address
- Director Service Address
- Digital mail forwarding from Companies House & HMRC
- Digital Certificate of Incorporation
- Digital Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Digital Share Certificate
- Digital First Board Meeting Minutes
- Order Your UK Limited Company
Limited Company Formation + Nominee Services
Package 2 Includes:
Everything in Package 1 PLUS
- UK Resident & British Citizen Nominee Director
- UK Resident & British Citizen Nominee Shareholder
- Nominee Director Appointment Agreement
- Nominee Declaration of Trust
- Power of Attorney (Nominee > You)
- Statutory Deadline Reminder Service
- Order Your Company with Nominee Services
* Please note that we are registered for vat so all our prices are subject to 20% vat (unless you are based outside Europe or have an EU vat number).
** One off package price does not include ongoing service or maintenance, these services are available separately.
Top 10 reasons to form a UK limited company:
- Limited companies limit the liability of shareholders to their investments
- Officers of companies have limited personal liability for their actions
- Limited companies benefit from higher credibility than other entities such as partnerships and sole traders
- Limited companies often receive unique tax incentives
- Shareholders rights are protected and clearly defined
- Corporation tax is only payable after the first financial year
- Directors of companies can be private individuals, nominated individuals or corporate bodies
- Directors of UK Limited Companies can be of any nationality
- Secretaries if appointed (no longer mandatory) can be of any nationality
- Secretaries can be private individuals, nominated individuals or corporate bodies
Testimonials & Reviews
Our aim is to provide the best customer experience possible by delivering reliable, high quality corporate services and focusing on our clients needs as well as listening to their feedback & suggestions in order to constantly improve our services.
We have been using CG Incorporations since May 2013 for our company formation, compliance and audit for 2 of our companies. The team had been very resourceful, diligent and always gave their best to ensure that our business went smoothly. In particular Tripty is a responsible, knowledgeable and proactive consultant that is able to advise and assist in all corporate matters. Very well recommended!Misumi Kaizen Limited
It was a great experience to work with you, I am very satisfied, you are very professional and very qualified, I strongly advise anyone to work with you, I am very happy to work with you. It gives me great pleasure to know you and I wanted to thank you fully and send you all my thanks. All the words of thanks are no longer enough to thank you.Taher Slimi, Elizabeth International College of London Limited
I've been a client of CG Incorporations for more than 5 years. They've been always helpful and reliable. They remind me in time to provide everything for my yearly tasks, therefore I was never late. Highly recommended.Robert Nemet, Confidesk Limited
Each year you will need to renew your services:
- UK Company Formation Pack 1, renewal fee (after year 2 will be):
- Registered Office address: £100 plus vat pa
Please note that if your company is finance/cryptocurrency related we are unable to provide this service.
- UK Company Formation Pack 2, renewal fee (after year 2 will be):
- Nominee Director (UK resident): From £600 plus vat pa
- Nominee Shareholder (UK resident): From £250 plus vat pa
- Registered Office address: £100 plus vat pa
Please note that if your company is finance/cryptocurrency related, then we do not provide this service.
We will require proof of identity and proof of address (utility bill/bank statement not older than 3 months) on all shareholder(s) and director(s) to comply with the Money Laundering regulations. You can send us scan copies via email.
Non Resident Registration Frequently Asked Questions
A:A UK limited company is a distinct entity in which the liability of its members or subscribers is limited, by shares or by guarantee. Limited company shareholders or directors are not responsible for any debts run up by the business and their personal assets cannot be touched. For sole traders, they are personally liable for business debts, so being a limited company offers an amount of protection for business owners.
When "Limited by shares", companies are usually businesses that make a profit. This means the company:
- is legally separate from the people who run it
- has separate finances from your personal ones
- has shares and shareholders
- can keep any profits it makes after paying tax
When "Limited by guarantee", companies are usually ’not for profit’. This means the company:
- is legally separate from the people who run it
- has separate finances from your personal ones
- has guarantors and a ’guaranteed amount’
- invests profits it makes back into the company
A limited company limited by shares, may be further divided into public companies and private companies. A limited company is registered at Companies House and must operate within the Companies Act 2006 [opens in new window].
Private companies: At least one director must be appointed to run the company. At least one director must be an individual. Appointment of a company secretary is optional.
Public companies: At least two directors and a secretary must be appointed. At least one director must be an individual and the secretary of a public company must be qualified.
A:YES: A non-resident can register a company in the UK. There is no nationality restrictions on the director or shareholder. However you do need a registered office address in the UK.
UK Company can be formed electronically at Companies House by us in few hours.
Requirements to set up a UK Limited company:
- Company Name: You need to make sure that your desired company name is available at Companies House, i.e. it's not the same as an existing name and does not contain any sensitive words. You can find list of sensitive words in the Annexes A-C at Companies House.
- Director: Only one director is required for the company formation. However there is no limit to the number of directors you can appoint. Atleast one director must be a natural person. You cannot be the company director if you are under the age of 16, un-discharged bankrupt or disqualified from acting as a company director.
- Shareholder: Only one shareholder is required. However there is no limit to the number of shareholders you can appoint. Can be an individual or a corporate body, can also be the director. At least one share must be issued.
- UK Registered office address -This address will appear on the public register. All statutory mails from Companies House and HMRC will be sent to the registered office address. However companies are not required to trade from this address.
- Service address - This address does not have to be in the UK. It is required by every director and shareholder of the company. It can be a residential address or the same address as the registered office. This address will appear on the public register.
With regards to bank account for the UK company, it does not need to be in the UK and account can be opened anywhere in the world.
If you are a non-resident interested in setting up a UK company and need assistance, CG Incorporations can help. You do not just make the payment and incorporate the company yourself. We form the company for you, we take all the necessary information, complete the company formation application and send it to Companies House.
A:Yes it is possible to register your company online.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to incorporate your company.
A:You simply have to contact us with your chosen company name and we will assist you further. No signature is required as opposed to a paper based incorporation.
A:You can not be a company director if:
- you have been disqualified from acting as a company director (unless permitted to act for a particular company);
- you are an undischarged bankrupt (unless permitted to act for a particular company);
- under the age of 16.
A:There are a number of restrictions on your choice of company name. You can find list of sensitive words in the Annexes A-Z at Companies House.
Before choosing a name, it is important to ensure the name you would like to register is not the same as an existing name and is acceptable to Companies House.
A:Every company must have a registered office. This must be an address in England and Wales, in Wales (a "Welsh" company), in Scotland or in Northern Ireland. This must be a physical location where legal documents can be delivered to the company. You can not use a Po Box as your registered office address, you can however use your home address or trading address.
A:A company is dormant if it does not trade and has no accounting transactions.
A:Once a company has been incorporated, many directors make the mistake of thinking that that's all there is to it. Directors can be legally charged for not filing certain documents. If convicted, they will be fined up to a maximum of £5,000 for each offence and will also have a criminal record.
A:After registering a company, it is important to find out whether or not you need to register as an employer. Even if you're the only person working in your newly set up limited company you might still need to register as an employer as you'll be considered both an employer and an employee.
You must register if:
- the employee already has another job
- they are receiving a state pension
- you're paying them at or above the PAYE threshold
- you're providing them with benefits
- you're paying them at or above the National Insurance Lower Earnings Limit
If you meet one of these requirements then you must register as an employer and you will need to provide HMRC with the following:
- name, business name, partner's name, company name (or charity/organisation name)
- business or home address
- a contact email address
- a contact telephone number
- the date of your first payday or, if earlier, the first date you made payments of expenses and/or provided benefits to your employees
Most employers can register with HMRC by telephone or online. The easiest way to register is via HMRC website as it gives you clear instructions on how to register. You will be unable to register online if you have a simplified PAYE scheme with more than 10 employees, your limited company has more than 9 Directors or you're in partnership with more than 10 partners. In that case you'll have to register over the phone, by contacting HMRC's New Employer Helpline. If your payroll is unusually different then you will need to register through an HMRC office.
Once you're registered as a new employer you'll need to familiarise yourself with the guidelines, forms and returns that are needed to perform your payroll. There is a payroll system that is available on the HMRC website that will allow you to file the forms and returns online.
A:Directors can be legally charged for not filing certain documents. If convicted, they will be fined up to a maximum of £5,000 for each offence and can also have a criminal record. Therefore it is important to be aware of all the statutory deadlines.
- Informing HMRC that your company is active: When your company starts trading, you must inform HMRC. You can do so by downloading the form CT41G (Corporation Tax - Information for New Companies) from HMRC website, completing the form and sending it to HMRC.
- Data Protection Registration: Do you use personal information on a living and identifiable individual? If the answer is yes, then you need to register for Data Protection and notify the Information Commissioner's Office. Failure to notify is a criminal offence and carries a fine of up to £5,000.
- Annual Return: An annual return is a general information about the company's directors, registered office address, shareholders and share capital. Every UK company must file an annual return to Companies House at least once every 12 months. It must be filed within 28 days of the anniversary of incorporation of a company or the anniversary of the made-up date of the last annual return.
- Annual Accounts: Every UK company, whether it is trading or not, must file their annual accounts at Companies House. You must do so 9 months after your company's financial year ends.
- Corporation Tax filing: Each year, your company is required to file a corporation tax return. You must pay any corporation tax that your company is liable by 9 months and 1 day after your company's financial year ends and you must do so electronically.
If you need consulting service, company formation service or other business related services like Trademark and author rights registration you can use CG Incorporations Limited services absolutely without disturbance because company has the reliable, experienced and skilled staff who are always online for clients.
Our experience with CG Incorporations allows us to make such statements.